Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Spring Itch

Spring is near. I can just feel it. And after so many months of snow, ice, sleet, and wind...well, just thinking about spring makes me giddy!

So, once the weather starts to give us those first days when walking out without gloves doesn't mean frostbite, my eyes start to turn toward bright colors and all things spring.

One of the fashion trends that I love and you'll have to pry out of my dead hands is wearing flowers. Not just for luao's anymore, I say! I've started putting them in my hair, on my clothes, on my purse, and even hanging them from my ears!

from sweeteverything on Etsy

Not only do I put flowers in my hair, but I sometimes pack an extra flower and give it to a friend for a night out. Floral peer pressure!
{I'm on the right}

Even less than likely friends will put flowers in their hair; just long enough for me to snap a picture! These two wore matching flowers for about one mintue.
{see the little black flowers?}

I love clothing that include flowers - be it patterns or textures. This comes from the "Just Rosy" collection at Anthropologie.


Or, if you aren't ready to really commit that much, you can always pin a flower onto something basic. This little guy is living on a teal purse of mine right now.

Then, of course, there's the flowery jewelry that I love to make! I've shared my flowery necklaces in a previous post, Finally Finished.  But here's a couple of pairs of earrings that I've made with flowers on my mind.


So, I hope you each find a way to bring a little sunshine and spring into your wardrobes. Not only does it make you feel a bit more cheery, but you're probably brightening the days of those who pass by and see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts!!!